If you’ve heard about psilocybin mushrooms but haven’t tried them yet, you’re in for a treat. These little fungi can incredibly affect your mood and sense of well-being, but only if you do it right! In this guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know about consuming shrooms safely and easily.
What Are Shrooms?
Shrooms are mushrooms that contain psilocybin, a psychedelic compound similar to LSD. Magic mushrooms have been used for spiritual and recreational purposes for thousands of years by various cultures worldwide. There are over hundreds of species of magic mushrooms, but only a few produce psilocybin.
Most shroom enthusiasts prefer to buy them fresh from trusted sources rather than in dried or powder form—you can easily find instructions online on how to grow hallucinogenic mushrooms at home.
Staying Safe: Considerations for Beginners
Because psilocybin is a hallucinogen, it can cause you to experience some intense psychedelic experiences. It’s important that you stay safe and make smart decisions while taking mushrooms.
Here are some tips to help you out:
- Start with a low dose. A good way to begin consuming shrooms and get used to their effects is by starting low and then slowly increasing your dosage over time as your body acclimates itself with the drug.
- Eat them with food, not on an empty stomach! Like all drugs, taking psilocybin while hungry will intensify its effects, so make sure you eat before or while taking them.
- Do not mix alcohol with shrooms! Drinking alcohol while using psychedelics can lead to severe side effects like nausea/vomiting; headaches; dizziness; confusion; anxiety; blurred vision (especially when looking at bright lights); trouble focusing on objects nearby.
Start With a Lower Dose
It’s important to start with a low dose when you eat shrooms for the first time. It’s best to take no more than half an eighth, or about 3 grams, at first. You’ll want to wait for about 30 minutes before taking any more. If you’re still feeling uncomfortable or have not yet reached the peak of your trip after two hours, it may be better to wait until another time.
You can tell if you’ve taken too much by how intense your hallucinations are and how fast they come on. Shrooms are generally safe, but they do have side effects that can cause discomfort in some people; make sure to listen closely to your body throughout this process! If you do feel overwhelmed by the effects of consuming shrooms, just sit down somewhere comfortable and breathe until they wear off naturally (usually between 4-6 hours).
How (and Where!) to Purchase Shrooms Safely
As you can see, this is a serious endeavour. It’s tempting to just order shrooms online or find someone in your town who sells them, but you have to be careful. The sad reality is that many people have been scammed by shady vendors who sell counterfeit “mushrooms” or dangerous ingredients.
If you are buying online, make sure the vendor has a rating for reviews and check the comments. If they’re selling their product at a price lower than everyone else, there may be something wrong with it! Also note that shipping times vary from place to place—if you order something locally, and it takes longer than expected to get here, then maybe try shopping somewhere else next time around.
And if buying from someone in person, buy smaller quantities first, so there’s less chance of getting sick or poisoned if something goes wrong…and make sure whoever is selling these things knows what they are talking about before making any kind of transaction with them!
Properly Storing Mushrooms
Once you’ve purchased your mushrooms, it’s important to keep them in a cool, dark place. Ideally, it would be best to store your shrooms in the fridge; however, if you’re unable to do so due to lack of space or other reasons they can also be stored at room temperature. Just make sure they don’t come into contact with direct sunlight, as this will cause them to spoil early on.
Even though dried mushrooms can be stored for long periods of time—and even frozen—there are some downsides that come with keeping them in these conditions: The potency will eventually wear off over time, and once this happens, what was once powerful magic becomes just another pile of dried fungus powder.
How to Do Shrooms
Method 1: Eat Shrooms on Their Own
Eating dried shrooms (psilocybin mushrooms) on their own can be a quick and easy way to consume them.
Here are some steps you can follow to eat shrooms on their own:
- Start with a low dose: It is recommended to start with a low dose of shrooms to avoid any potential negative effects. A typical beginner’s dose is around 1-2 grams.
- Clean and dry the shrooms: Rinse the shrooms in cold water and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Chew the shrooms: Simply eat the shrooms and chew them thoroughly before swallowing. The taste can be unpleasant, so some people choose to mask it by eating the shrooms with food or drinking juice.
- Wait for the effects: The effects of shrooms can take around 30 minutes to 1 hour to take effect. The intensity and duration of the effects will depend on the dose and individual tolerance.
- Stay safe: It’s important to stay in a safe and comfortable environment while using shrooms and to have a trusted friend with you if possible. Also, avoid operating machinery or driving while under the influence of shrooms.
It’s important to note that shrooms can have unpredictable effects and may not be suitable for everyone. If you have any concerns about using shrooms, it’s recommended to consult with a healthcare professional beforehand.
Method 2: Eating Shroom Edibles
Shroom gummies and chocolates are edibles that contain psilocybin, a psychedelic compound found in certain species of mushrooms. If you are planning to consume shroom gummies or chocolates, it is important to do so responsibly and safely.
Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Start with a low dose: Edibles can take longer to take effect than other methods of consuming psilocybin. It is recommended to start with a low dose, around 0.5 to 1 gram of shroom gummies or chocolates, and wait at least 2 hours before consuming more.
- Chew thoroughly: When consuming shroom gummies or chocolates, make sure to chew them thoroughly before swallowing to aid in digestion.
- Be patient: The effects of shroom gummies and chocolates can take 30 minutes to 2 hours to kick in. Be patient and avoid consuming more until you feel the effects of the initial dose.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery: The effects of psilocybin can impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. Plan to consume shroom gummies or chocolates in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Be aware of the potential risks: Psilocybin can have both positive and negative effects on your mind and body. Be aware of the potential risks, such as anxiety or paranoia, and consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
It is important to note that the consumption of psilocybin is illegal in many countries and jurisdictions. Make sure to check your local laws and regulations before consuming shroom gummies or chocolates.
Method 3: Try Lemon Tek
This method can be used to make your shrooms more palatable and perhaps even delicious. The lemon juice adds a tangy kick to the otherwise bland-tasting shrooms while also making them easier to consume. The lemon acts similar to your stomach acid, causing a reaction that “breaks down the psilocybin into psilocin.“
Lemon Tek is easy to make. Just combine your powdered shrooms and lemon juice and let it sit for 10 minutes. Add water and down the drink for a faster trip.
- A lemon (or other citrus fruit)
- 1/4 cup water for every 2 grams of dried mushrooms you have (you can also use a measuring cup)
- Boil some water and pour it into a bowl or container big enough to hold all the ingredients together. Then add in your lemon juice and let it sit for 10 minutes or so before adding in your shroom powder. Stir well with a spoon until everything is evenly mixed together.
Method 4: Sip on Shroom Tea
If you’re looking for a more traditional way to consume your shrooms, try making shroom tea out of them. Simply place some fresh or dried mushrooms in a pot of water, bring the water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the tea through cheesecloth into another bowl; let cool before drinking.
Method 5: Take Them In Capsule Form
While many people shy away from this option because they prefer to “savour” their shrooms and enjoy their taste, you can still take them in shroom capsule form if that’s what you prefer. You can fill capsules with ground-up mushrooms using a capsule machine (available at most health food stores). This is the best way to consume your shroom powder, as it’s discrete and doesn’t taste bad as some other methods do.
At Daily Edibles, we hope this has been a helpful guide to you on your journey through the world of magic mushrooms! Practice safety and start slowly. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying your trip. And if you are looking for something different, you can try LSD. You can microdose LSD tabs or take a full dose for greater effects.